A common phrase in the business world today is eCommerce, but most people do not know how it affects our everyday lives, and who are those workers who fastidiously perform data entry?
What is Data Entry Used For?
- Business analytics and business intelligence.
- BPO has been used for quite a while as it speeds up processing, and is generally performed by a third-party service provider.
- The skills required to become a data entry service provider is accuracy above all other computer skills.
- Additionally, knowledge of relevant software packages, literacy and numeracy aptitude, excellent communication skills, phone courtesies and skill in customer service.
What is (BPO) Business Process Outsourcing?
- Professional businesses that collect and input information are referred to as Data Entry Outsourcing firms and most are located in India.
- BPO is also referred to as Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES).
What Are the Types of eCommerce?
There are many transactions that fall under the umbrella of E-Commerce, such as technologies, banking, electronic money transfer, the supply-chain administration, internet marketing and display, online funds processing, electronic data exchange, inventory management processes, and machine controlled data collection.
E-Commerce is also separated into categories:
- B2B: Business-to-Business
- B2C: Business-to-Consumer
- B2G: Business-to-Government
- C2C: Consumer-to-Consumer
- MC: Mobile-Commerce
One of the main purposes of outsourcing eCommerce business is that it has proven to be cost-effective. Rather than hiring a staff to maintain the data input, assigning the data input to an outside source is a huge savings to most companies. Since the data entry outsourcing is performed overseas, particularly in India, the cost-savings are substantial. The US employer will not have the overhead costs of office space, equipment, utilities and insurance. Employee costs such as sick leave, vacation, medical insurance coverage, expenses, and other in-house employee benefits.
Data Entry Outsourcing (DEO) Website data input allows updates to be continuously maintained over a 24-hour period without the overhead expenses of in-house employees. Product catalogs also enjoy the 24-hour update advantage.
Advantages of Outsourcing Include:
- Increased sales
- Product Catalogs are updated and maintained 24-hours per day.
- Better ROI
- Users have 24-hour access to shopping without downtime for updates.
- India has access to the latest technology that enables them to provide higher performance standards with high-quality control.
- Connecting and hiring the correct overseas outsourcing partner will create a working relationship that provides company and product growth and long-term sales potential.
Advantages to Outsourcing
Outsourcing data input decreases e-Commerce expenses and provides more funds for business growth, marketing, and sales staff. Controlling the expense of data input reduces the analytical costs of producing sales reports. The outsourced company produces the analytics and requested reports upon completion of entry at the agreed-upon cost.
The Top Outsourcing Companies
To give you an idea of the popularity of outsourcing the following are the top ten users of e-Commerce outsourcing -- Amazon, Alphabet Inc., JD.com, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba, Priceline, eBay, and Netflix. Of course, there are many others including Groupon, Net Ease, Spotify, Twitter, and more, but the top ten users certainly highlight where the e-Commerce is centered. The millions of B2B marketing and sales transactions that take place daily certainly justifies the cost saving in outsourcing.